No chef is an island.
These are a few of my favorite things!
I’m very into this project: CAMBRIDGE COMMUNITY KITCHEN
Sometimes I get asked to talk about stuff:
On Point- food of the US depression era with Mark Kurlansky and me
On Point again, this Time with Arthur Allen talking Tomatoes
- Stream it here, and check out the great comments under the story
Radio Boston this time, talking about underground dinning with Lucia Jazayeri
There is no food to be got easily right now. God, I can’t wait for June!
REAL FOOD and GOOD PRODUCTS
- CUISINE EN LOCALE- please sign up for my eblast
- LOTUSPAD- healthy yoga mats for kids
- LYCHEES- straight from the grove in FL
- OLIO TAIBI- excellent olive oil imported from Italy by a local Taibi
- PARKER FARM, Lunenburg, MA- simply the best
- STILLMANS AT THE TURKEY FARM- amazing grass fed meat
- BOSTON LOCALVORES- the blog
- CHEFS COLLABORATIVE- doing very important work in food and sustainability
- Cosmetics Database- to find out if your sunblock is ok
- ENVIROBLOG- all good writing, all the time, about all good stuff. Read it, love it, learn, grow, change!
- SLOW FOOD USA- respect!
- THE ORGANIC MONITOR- technical, informative
Recent articles that have caught my eye and might catch yours
- Harvard study on BPA in plastic water bottles
- Is bioenergy fueling the food crisis?
- Mercury in High Fructose Corn Sweetners (the issue that wasn’t….)
- Progress in CA on the BPA issue
- What’s for dinner? Ethanol!
THIS STUFF IS JUST COOL
- A new line of beautiful kids clothes in development
- Happy chickens in Newburyport
- Sensible movies reviews to help mommies and daddies decide for their kiddies
THANKS FOR THE LOVE!
- CeL got some love a while back from Daily Candy
- Cobain Unseen- book review in Rolling Stone
- Daily Candy on Radio Silence (a book of punk stuff I have photos in)
- Jen gets her hands all ookey on Fair Food Fight
- Just how much the Souper Bowl rocked (cuz it did!) on Boston Localvores blog
- Limey G goes to Hell
- ONCE in the deep… on Cake and Commerce
- Our 1st ONCE BBQ in the Cambridge Chronicle
- Radio Silence- book review in the Boston Globe
- Sometimes I’m an artist- my profile at SMFA
- The Basil Queen as Minion of the Underworld
- The Basil Queen ponders clandestine food consumption
- The Boston Globe on Local Food Bloggers
- The Boston Globe- Eating Local in the Winter
- The Boston Phoenix on the Punk Rock Book
- The Passionate Foodie on wines and ONCE
- The Teaparty take on ONCE LoL
- Thoughts on Tripe and NPR on Cambridge Mom’s Blog
- Underground dining on the Leather District Goumet
RECIPES (on other peoples sites)
- DEEP WINTER STEW of roots and fungi- January 2009 recipe for Somerville Local First
- JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE RISOTTO on Bostonist
- PATE DE CAMPAGNE EN CROUTE on Bostonist
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE on Bostonist
- ROASTED WINTER VEG with Sumac on Bostonist
- UKRANIAN BORSCHT- February 2009 recipe for Somerville local first